By: Renee Grant
If you’re looking to catch one of the hottest tickets in town, the revival of Hello, Dolly! with Bette Midler, here are 6 ways to try and catch the incredible show if you haven’t scored yours yet.
- BUY TICKETS THROUGH THE BOX OFFICE: Tickets to the show are still available through the box office or online for upcoming shows. The best availability for single tickets and group tickets (10 or more) is currently in November, but the best availability for premium tickets is this month. The farther in advance your purchase, the better the availability, and tickets are on sale through January 14, 2018. Be prepare to pay some steep prices, though.Tickets can be purchased here. For discount tickets on select performances, click here.
- TRY STANDING ROOM ONLY: The most affordable way to see the show are standing room tickets. At only $47, they aren’t a bad way to catch a great show, subject to availability. Standing room tickets are only sold on the day of the performance at the Shubert Theatre box office on a first-come, first-served basis when the show is sold out. Two tickets per person is the limit. Wear comfy shoes!
- TRY THE CANCELLATION LINE: If ticket holders cancel, those tickets become available for purchase at the box office. There is a designated line outside the Shubert Theatre ticket-buyers to wait and see if any seats become available. Cancellation tickets are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis, but tickets are not guaranteed. Tickets are sold at their original ticketed price.
- BUY TUESDAY TICKETS: Tony Award winner Donna Murphy plays the title role of Dolly Levi on Tuesday evenings. Although her performance is critically-acclaimed, the tickets are a bit less in demand and therefore easier to find tickets for. David Hyde Pierce and other big names still star in the performance, which is exactly the same, minus Midler.
- WIN TICKETS AT THE BROADWAY FLEA MARKET: On Sunday, September 24th, the Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS annual flea market hosts the Theater Development Fund’s PIK-a-TKT Booth. Participants have a chance to win a pair of tickets to shows across Broadway, including Hello, Dolly! Entrants pay $1 per chance, $10 for 12 chances, and $20 for 24 chances to win one of hundreds of pairs of tickets from virtually every Broadway and Off-Broadway show.
- ENTER THE TDF RAFFLE: The Theatre Development Fund is a great resource for Broadway tickets at a discount year-round. Members of TDF have the opportunity to enter the organization’s fall raffle. One of the prizes is a pair of tickets to Hello, Dolly! If you’re not already a TDF member, you can visit org. Entrants are asked to make a $5 donation for the chance to win.
Let us know if you snag a pair of tickets and how you did it… good luck!