Friends, it’s December. You know what that means.
Well, yes, it means holidays and cold weather and the winter solstice and New Year’s and the end of the calendar year and probably several other things to various people, but it ALSO means…
It’s time for the 98.1 WOGL Loves Our Kids Radiothon!
Yes, another year has passed, and we are yet again partnering with CHOP on December 7th and 8th for the #WOGLRadiothon to benefit The Children’s Miracle Network at the WORLD-RENOWNED Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Last year, together, we raised $309,925 for patients, their families, and critical research to help children down the line.
So, just in case you need any MORE motivation to get involved with the #WOGLRadiothon, call to donate, support the staff, or just listen to 98.1’s live broadcast, here are FIVE REASONS to get excited for December 7th and 8th!
- It’s December! Regardless if you follow a specific faith or which holiday you choose to celebrate, December is the time to get together with family and friends, show those you love what they mean to you, and embrace the spirit of kindness. In that vein, the #WOGLRadiothon is a great way to give back and make a difference for local children battling serious illnesses.
- It’s CHOP! We love CHOP! On U.S. News & World Report’s 2017-18 Honor Roll of the Best Children’s Hospitals, the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia was named No. 2 in the nation. CHOP ranks in the top three for nine out of ten specialties, and is currently top ranked Diabetes & Endocrinology and Pulmonology. It is a jewel in the crown that is Philadelphia’s healthcare system, and brings people from around the world to our city for medical care that cannot be obtained anywhere else. If you’re as proud of CHOP as the rest of the city is, the #WOGLRadiothon is a great way to show your gratitude!
- The children! They’re adorable! Each year, the 98.1 Loves Our Kids Radiothon features stories, photographs, and audio clips of the very children this radiothon is designed to serve. You hear their history, their family’s journey, their optimism for the future, and the very real way CHOP has dedicated itself to treating their illnesses. It’s some of the most feel-good, heartwarming, touching material you’ll see all season, and this year is no exception. Keep checking back to meet more of the heroes the #WOGLRadiothon is here to honor!
- The talent! 98.1 WOGL will be broadcasting live from the Ryan Seacrest Foundation’s “Seacrest Studios” located in the Colket Atrium at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Also expected are our local Philly mascots and some CBS Philly anchors, so it’s going to be a Who’s-Who of Philly celebrities! Make sure to tune in so you don’t miss any of the exciting interviews and appearances!
- The good karma! #GivingTuesday isn’t the only opportunity you have to share some of your good fortune with those in need. The #WOGLRadiothon is a great way to spread the love, either as a one-time donation or by becoming a Monthly Miracle Maker for CHOP Patients. Just think how good it will feel to see a gigantic check being presented to CHOP on December 9th and knowing you played a part in making it happen. This isn’t just about raising money; this is about making a huge difference for children, for Philadelphia, and for the hospital that already does so much for us all.
There are MANY other reasons to start gearing up for December 7th and 8th, but this is just to get you started. Keep checking WOGL and the WOGL Facebook page for updates, progress, and more information, and we hope to hear from you at the #WOGLRadiothon!